Monday, February 17, 2014

The Back-Story

I moved away for my first year of university. I thought I would like being away from home, and living in a small, quiet city rather than a large, busy one. To summarize, I became home-sick and my well being was suffering while being trapped on campus with no real friends (only my lovely boyfriend, and a few of his friends), and living in an obnoxious all-girls residence house.

After my life started to fall apart and I was slowly slipping into bad habits, it was evident to my mother that I needed medical attention and I needed to come home. I was relieved honestly. I felt like my mother had rescued me. Although, I was also upset, not wanting to leave. I had to leave without my boyfriend who doubles as a best friend behind, unsure of when we would see each other again.
I knew he planned of dropping out because he desperately wants to switch majors. Before I left, he told me that he decided to drop out, and would move to Halifax so that he could live with me.

I went from a big city to a small city, and he grew up in a rural area (farmland) and is now in the city with me. It's so much fun having him here and it's cute to me because there's certain things I have to teach him about living safely in a big city that are instinct for most. He seems to enjoy living here though, and with me fortunately. I am doing all I can to make sure he doesn't feel as trapped as I once did.

We're living with my parents right now (cool mom for a 19 year old, right?) and are on an exhausting search for full-time jobs at the moment. I will be taking a gap year to figure some things out and also to start writing more seriously. I'm unsure whether I want to spend thousands of dollars on schooling when it's not absolutely necessary. My plan is to see where my writing takes me until it's time to make that particular decision.

Eventually (before or during the summer I hope) we'll get our own tiny apartment in the city and together we'll learn how to become full-time adults!

For some, this may just be called life; but for me, it seems like a wondrous journey that I am taking with someone whom is most special to me. Not only is this journey for combining our lives together and creating a life that is made mainly of our own choices, but it is also an opportunity to put the broken pieces of myself and my life back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post relevant comments to the post or my blog and feel free to leave your blog address for I and others to follow! :)