Sunday, February 16, 2014

Baby's first blog post

Most of my life I haven't been fond of receiving a lot of attention. It's not a desire of mine to expose myself to other people.. especially strangers. But about two years ago, once I had finally read a book that greatly moved me (1984 by George Orwell), I began to read more, and now it has become a love of mine. And then shortly after reading many books and writing essays for school, I became passionate about writing. I love the feeling of being brought to a new world through writing, and I love having the ability to attempt that feeling through my own writing. I'm not yet where I want to be with my writing, but I like to write knowing that I created something that cannot be replicated by anyone else, and that it has been put into our world.

Being a non-reader as a child and not particularly exploring creativity through writing, makes it difficult for me to create a routine, a process, and to find a voice within my own writing. Being fairly new to all of this, I find it difficult to focus on one, particular idea. Which makes completing a single piece of writing challenging. Although, I am a hard worker, and can certainly improve with practice.

Anyways, something switched in my mind tonight. I asked myself  "How are you going to be a writer if you are so quiet, and don't speak or reach out?" Then came the realization that if I don't try to change the ways of thinking that limit me from the person I want to become, that person will be non-existent.

So here I am. It's about two in the morning and I'm taking a step in my life to find a voice and for once, I would like to share it with strangers whom will willingly listen.

I'm in the midst of a confusing transition right now, from teenager to young adult. There are many other things I need to change. Hopefully this blog of mine will create a writing routine, inspire me, and my biggest hope is that it will make me fonder of who I am.

This will not be easy, so for now I decided to keep this blog a secret from my family and friends. (Okay, so my love knows.. but that's it!)
I'm attempting to reclaim the sense of free speech I felt as a young, careless teenager.
Baby steps, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please post relevant comments to the post or my blog and feel free to leave your blog address for I and others to follow! :)